- 6oz (150g) spaghetti, broken up
- 12oz (350g) cabbage, chopped
- 50g margarine/butter, divided into 3 equal portions
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp vinegar
- Put spaghetti in boiling water (no oil), for around 10-15 minutes.
- While spaghetti is cooking, fry the cabbage in first portion of margarine for around 4 minutes.
- Push the cabbage to one side
- Fry the garlic in the second portion of butter for 2 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, and stir in the third portion of butter.
- Add the spaghetti, soy sauce and vinegar to the cabbage and garlic and heat through.
Adapted from a Food Aid Cookery Book recipe for “Brother Joseph’s Spaghetti”.
Non vegan variation adds three whisked eggs at the final step (along with the vinegar), fried and then mixed with the rest of the mixture.