- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 350g (12oz) pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 85g (3oz) pine nuts
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the cauliflower in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Keep the water for cooking the pasta, but drain the cauliflower and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Cook the pasta in the same water.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the cauliflower in the olive oil for 3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Reduce the heat and add the garlic, chilli and pine nuts, frying for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta, sultanas, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley.
This is one of our favourite regular meals, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook and, if done well, tastes great with the sweet sultanas and sour chilli and lemons.
The original recipe (from [[http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0563488395/mushkush-21|101 Veggie Dishes]]) also mixed in 50g/2oz of grated parmesan in the last stage. I’ve only done this once and I didn’t really feel it added anything to the dish.